Jack is a character in DiRT 3. He is voiced by Daniel Lappaine.
Role[edit | edit source]
Jack is your in-game mechanic. He will offer you tips on your vehicle setup and talks you through each vehicle in the Car Viewer.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Setup quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Choose a short gear ratio for better acceleration, or a long ratio for higher top speed." - Jack explains gear ratios
- "Increasing the downforce improves a vehicle's grip when cornering, but can reduce its top speed." - explaining downforce
- "Increasing the suspension stiffness improves cornering, but reduces the vehicle's ability to handle uneven terrain." - explaining suspension
- "Increased ride height gives the vehicle more ground clearance, useful on uneven terrain, but can reduce its ability to take corners." - explaining ride height
- "A strong diff encourages oversteer, making powersliding easier. A looser diff generally allows better vehicle control." - explaining differentials
- "A rear brake bias promotes oversteer on the way into a corner, making powersliding easier, but it can reduce braking efficiency." - explaining brake bias
Other[edit | edit source]
- "You're living up to the hype mate, good job!" - when the player wins their first race
- "OK, the car's ready to go when you are." - when a Gymkhana freeride begins
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.